Everything you didn't know you needed: An ADHD Wish-List
If you're reading this you're probably an ADHD adult. Chances are, that's not gonna change any time soon.
Here's a list of items to help you live your best life:
For the forgetful:
- Tile trackers - How many times have you lost your keys/wallet/phone this week?
- Pill bottle timers - “Did I just take my meds...? or was I about to take my meds?”
- Smart locks and Smart plugs Yes, you locked the door, the app says so!
- Time marked water bottles - That headache probably means you’re dehydrated
- Lose post-its? Try mirror pens for in-your-face reminders
For the Practical:
- Upgrade your laundry chair to a Hamper on wheels
- Rugged phones Be honest, how cracked is your screen right now? I recommend CAT. Think of it as an investment
- Alexa/Google home - “Hey google, ring my phone” “Hey Alexa, set a reminder to check the oven in 10 minutes”
- Robot vacuum...Need I more?
- Coffee cup/warmer plate - Your coffee’s gone cold... again
- Lockbox Keep your medication safely away from children and pets
For the under/over-stimulated:
- Wireless Headphones - Listening to music you like releases dopamine and dopamine = motivation! It also helps block out background noise.
- Fidget pens - The sneaky fidget spinner
- Noise cancelling earplugs - Because someone is watching tv 3 houses down and… is that a tap dripping?
For the sleepless:
- Weighted blanket - Help calm the nervous system, increasing the release of serotonin and melatonin
- White noise machine - Masks background noise
- Sunlight alarm - Mimics the sun, gradually increasing in light intensity for a more natural, less jarring wake up call
- Flying alarm - Because sunlight alarms aren’t for everybody and that snooze button is dangerous
Impulse purchase or mental health investment?